The Lavaman Waikoloa Triathlon bike is a 40 Kilometer trek on a portion of the Ironman World Champion Bike Course. As I prepare to conquer the bike portion of the triathlon, I’m super glad I’ve spent so much time on the Manitou Incline this year. 2,000 ft elevation gain in less than one mile is slightly crazier than the sea level to 400 ft bike ride I will encounter here. Hopefully training at altitude will help me on this course.
A few notes about the bike ride:
- Length: 40 K (24.85 miles)
- Upon exciting the water from the swim there is 500 meter run to the transition area.
- When exiting transition – There will be a bike mount/dismount line
- Bike is open to traffic – with Police Control at intersections (Bikers will have right of way)
- Be aware of the downhill into the tunnel, when exiting the tunnel there will be water bottle exchange // Hhhmm, this sounds shady to me //
- Bike must be racked before you begin your run
I’m looking forward to riding my new bike on this gorgeous trail! Now on to the run…